Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! We are excited to bring you a surprise bonus episode featuring none other than Dr. Marcus “Goodie” Goodloe! Celebrating the anniversary edition of his classic book, “King Maker: Applying Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Leadership Lessons in Working with Athletes and Entertainers, “Dr. Goodie joins David and Josh to delve into the life and legacy of the late Dr. King.
Dr. Goodie is an MLK scholar, and he drops some absolute gems in this interview. We’re proud to announce this as the closer for our second season of the Sound of Water Podcast. Hope y’all enjoy!
- :08 Welcome back, Dr. Goodie!
- 3:49 Progress made since July 2020
- 5:53 Dr. Goodie’s thoughts on Biden/Harris
- 7:56 A Coalition of Conscience
- 10:24 A reminder of values that MLK championed
- 16:22 Lebron James’ impact on the election
- 21:51 FBI Surveillance of MLK
- 28:23 Does MLK’s personal life affect his legacy?
- 33:23 Is Donald Trump redeemable?
- 36:22 Separating faith and politics
- 43:09 The Social Gospel
- 47:13 History of inaction by the American church
- 51:24 The Power of Sankofa
- 55:39 The Power of Creativity
- 59:22 The Power of Dreaming
- 62:15 Closing thoughts