David and Josh are honored to bring on best selling author and keynote speaker, Dr. Marcus “Goodie” Goodloe, as our final guest for our first season of Sound of Water!
Born and raised in Compton California, Dr. Goodie is currently on the pastoral care team of Flourishing Church in LA. He’s served as an adjunct professor at Dallas Baptist University, has served other pastoral roles at Parkcrest Church in Long Beach and volunteered at Wave Church in LA. Now he travels around the country mentoring students, educators, business professionals, entertainers, faith communities everything. He has worked with the likes of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders and Green Bay Packers, the University of New Mexico, University of Kansas, Southern Mississippi University. He also wrote the book, “KingMaker: Applying Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Leadership Lessons in Working with Athletes and Entertainers” and co-authored the book “Habits: Six Steps to the Art of Influence.”
Tune in as we speak with Dr. Goodie about the racial injustices facing black Americans today. He brings a compelling, biblically sound perspective with a convicting call to action you can’t miss!
Recommended Books by Dr. Goodie:
- “White Fragility” by Robin DeAngelo (note: Dr. Goodie accidentally refers to this book as “White Privilege” a few times)
- “The Politics of Jesus” by Obery Hendricks Jr.
- “Jesus and the Disinherited” by Howard Thurman
- “Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class” by Ian Haney López
- “Walking with the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement” by John Lewis
- “KingMaker: Applying Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Leadership Lessons in Working with Athletes and Entertainers” by Dr. Marcus “Goodie” Goodloe
- 0:40 Ozarka Reigns Supreme
- 2:18 Introducing Dr. Marcus “Goodie” Goodloe!
- 6:19 Zeitgeist of the 21st Century
- 14:31 Truncated Gospel
- 24:57 Coalition of Conscience feat. “White Fragility”
- 38:37 No Excuses
- 44:17 With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
- 58:00 Black Lives Matter’s Lack of Leadership
- 60:53 Harvey Cox’s Three Practical Steps for Moral Courage
- 72:55 We Can’t Stay Here
- 82:58 Eulogy Virtues vs Resume Virtues
- 86:49 Where Do We Go From Here?
- 92:26 A Riot is the Language of the Unheard (Oppressed)
- 94:27 How Can Christians Be Leaders in Today’s Age?
- 103:17 We Will Do What We Have a Desire to Do